Don’t Miss The “Celebration Of All Things Winter”
Legendary McCall Winter Carnival Offers Family-filled Fanfare for All Ages
What started as the Payette Lake Winter Games in 1924 has grown to one of the most coveted winter celebrations in the USA. Make plans today to head to the charming mountain town of McCall Idaho to experience some of the most unusual and unforgettable winter fun and fanfare January 26 – February 4, 2018.
During the week-long McCall Winter Carnival, more than 60,000 people gather to experience our celebrated Mardi Gras and Torchlight Parades, McCall Ultra Sled Dog Races, Idaho State Snow Sculpting Championships, Fireworks and fine wine tastings, Beer Garden, live music, and so much more.
To help you choose which events you don’t want to miss, our team at River Ranch has selected the following “highlights” that we enjoy every year with our family in tow.
- Opening Ceremonies & Fireworks Over Payette Lake Get in the mood for the Winter Olympics and join in the festivities as McCall hosts one of the grandest Opening Ceremonies in the West.
- Mardi Gras Parade The spirit of the season comes to life during this annual celebration in McCall.
- Idaho State Snow Sculpting Viewing & Championship Capture some of the most unusual artistry you will ever see displayed in key locations throughout town.
- Carnival Beer Garden Dearly beer lovers, don’t miss this one as some of the best breweries in the West await you and yours to enjoy in the heart of the Carnival in Depot Park.
- Children’s Torchlight Parade. A favorite we never forget … when kids in some-of-the-most festive Mardi Gras gear strut their stuff with McCall’s firemen through the center of downtown.
- Black and Blue Hockey Rivalry Calling all Boise State University and University of Idaho Alumni, and then some; this is THE game of the hockey season in Idaho.
- McCall Ultra Sled Dog Challenge No need to go to Alaska to see the Iditarod; head to the heart of Idaho’s West Central Mountains to view the new “Iditarod Mid-Distance Qualifier” this month.
- McCall Starz on Ice It’s one of the best family events every year, and one your kids will remember for years to come. You will too!
This month, get ready for the upcoming Winter Olympics, and enjoy our own winter recreation, creative competitions, and family-focused special events. For a complete McCall Winter Carnival Calendar of Events, click here, and we’ll see you in McCall!
“There’s Snowplace Like McCall”
This year’s festival organizers could not have themed the Carnival any more appropriately than “There’s Snowplace Like McCall.” Here at River Ranch, the best of living a good life in a mountain town comes to life during the Carnival, and all year-round.
Far enough away from town to feel completely removed from it all, yet only a short scenic drive from the heart of McCall, our gated ranch home development in Idaho expands through the forests, ranch lands, and clear water lakes that are tied together by two and a half miles of private land along the Payette River.
Discover Life in at River Ranch McCall – as our Guest
Whether you can make it to the Carnival or not, we invite you to experience McCall’s classic piece of paradise at River Ranch. Through our Discovery Trip program, you can enjoy a complimentary two-night stay* at our Trapper Cabin – inspired and designed by the historic era of the 1820’s.
Contact Chris Reino at River Ranch at 208-630-4666 today for complete information about our new Discovery Trip summer program.
We look forward to celebrating all that is good in life with you in 2018,
The River Ranch Family
(* Discovery Trip includes a two-night stay in the Trapper Cabin (for pre-qualified potential buyers) with a commitment to tour the property.)