Top Reasons Why Mountain Towns Are A Great Place to Retire
Seek ‘The Good Life’ in Small-Town America ~ Mc Call, Idaho
Living in a mountain town comes with serious perks. Just ask any local in McCall. They will be the first to tell you that if you have any opportunity to retire to where the air is clear, the skies are blue, and the mountains are your backyard, that you should consider a move to enjoy the quality of life that comes with living a full life in a small mountain town like McCall.
There are many reasons why we choose to live right here along the Payette River; all of which may entice you to retire to our own hometown.
- Healthier Lifestyle. In McCall, traffic, air, noise and light pollution is an unknown. What does exist is an endless passion throughout the community to live a good life in and around the great outdoors. You’ll find ample four-season outdoor recreation just steps from your back porch at River Ranch and hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails right on site.
- Slower Pace of Living. It seems the old saying “Stop and Smell the Roses” applies in every mountain town as does the pace apply to McCall. Rush hour is non-existent. Stop lights are few. Long conversations at the local café are many.
- Higher Quality of Life. Just one look at a local calendar of events and you will start to appreciate the value that comes with living in McCall. From fundraisers for local charities or purposeful parties to support athletic programs, to our famed Winter Carnival and other festive events, there’s always something to do year-round. During the winter months, “Cabin Fever” offers a series of arts and humanities-based classes and a diverse selection of free community events that support personal growth, skill-development, and community.
- Open Space. As much or as little as you desire. Right here at River Ranch home development in McCall, we offer a variety of parcels from 5 to 10 acres on which you can build your dream home. Be it a vacation cabin to enjoy with family and friends or an expansive ranch-style estate to share with generations to come, the choice is yours. All of which offer spectacular scenery along the Payette River and endless open space to live the good life that comes with living and retiring in our small mountain town.
- Home Town Hospitality. No matter where you go or what you do in McCall, you will be welcomed with open arms. It’s where neighbors are truly your ‘neighbors’ in every sense of the word. When you need help, they’ll be there for you 24/7. When you want peace and quiet, they’ll respect your space.
- Safe and Sound. This may be one of our top reasons for living in the community of McCall. It’s where kids can be ‘kids’ in an environment like the ‘good-old-days.’ Be it riding their bikes to town and back, or fishing with their friends into sunset, or mountain biking to their hearts’ content, kids are free to wander without the worry at home.
Live the Good Life – for the Rest of Your life
McCall is a quaint mountain town that has grown from its roots as a vibrant logging operation to a year-round resort community that overflows with historic small-town American hometown charm. If you’re considering a move to retire in a mountain town, we’d be honored to show you what it’s like it “Live the Good Life” in Mc Call.
Contact Chris Reino at 208-630-4666 for a personal tour of where you may want to call ‘home sweet home’ for the rest of your life.